March 3, 2008

Recipe of the Week

I'm not a great cook. But I like cooking and I feel like I'm getting a teeny bit better. Or so says my husband...who will literally eat anything. So maybe I'm not getting better. Anyway...I thought it would be fun to do a "recipe of the week" on here. I'm thinking that will encourage me to try new ones and maybe help some ghost readers with new recipes if you're out there. So this week's recipe is Chicken and Artichoke casserole. I love casseroles because they're super easy and sooo good! I made this one for my bunko group last week and they loved it. They ate two casseroles of it!! I was hoping to have some leftovers...but nope! Those girls can eat! I had salad, saffron rice and Sister Shubert rolls as the sides and they loved those too. The Vigo saffron rice was really good with the casserole!! This recipe is from the First Methodist church in Montgomery cookbook Heavenly Delights. It's great if you like curry. I used 1/2 tsp of the curry, but if you don't like curry use 1/4t. To really fill up a 3 qt casserole I used 3 cans of artichokes and a little more chicken. Here's the recipe:

2-14-oz. Cans quartered artichokes, drained
2 2/3 cup.chopped cooked chicken
2 10 3/4-oz. Cans cream of chicken soup
1/2 -1 cup mayonnaise
1 Tbs. Lemon juice
1/4-1/2 tsp.curry powder
1 1/4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 1/4 cup crotons that you have smashed
2 Tbs. Melted butter

Layer artichokes at bottom, then chicken. Mix soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice and curry powder and put on top. Then sprinkle cheese.
Sprinkle crotons last. Bake at 350 for 25 min. Or until hot.

1 comment:

lg2006 said...

I think I will try that this week!