March 20, 2008

China here we come!

Just to give you a little taste of what I mean by saying Tweedy and his friends are adventurous...this is a place on our list to visit. This is Mt. Huashan Hiking Trail in the Xian area of China. It is absolutely beautiful from the top. (see below)



But the road to get there is another story. Are you kidding me....







My stomach is hurting just looking at those. I would say let's just relax on the beach...but I don't think that's such a good idea in China:



So this is a little more of what I'm looking forward to doing: trying out the local cuisine, singing karaoke (they're obsessed with it over there. ha!), cruising down the Yangtze River, visiting some monasteries, riding around in those little chairs that the guy pulls you around in (can't think of the name), and visiting the smaller villages. That's what I'm pumped about. Plus getting to find some great material and maybe some porcelain planters.









Doesn't that look fun! Oh goh I can't wait...I just hope I can carry that backpack around. I promise to post some good pics when I get back. Happy knitting, sewing and whatever else you like to do while I'm gone!!

Zai Jian!! (zay je-an) - Goodbye for now!

2 comments:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Ni hao ma?

Holland said...

i miss you-- i need to knit me some.