March 10, 2008

Not so Pippy

I wanted to let you all know that the baby shower went great! My friend got so many cute things and some pretty handmade things....she loved the baby hats I knitted her and Knitterina made the cutest little bubble outfit and some knitted baby booties that were precious! I'll see if Knitterina will send the pattern for those booties so I can post them on here. They were so cute, just like little smurf shoes..but white with blue satin ribbons. One thing about the "pip hat"...didn't exactly turn out as "pippy" as I wanted it to be or as the pattern said. It should have had a long tail that hung down kind of like a Santa hat and with a ball at the end. I of course waited until the last minute Sunday morning to finish it and with the time change...I was really running late. I ended up not having enough time to finish it like the pattern said, so about 12 rows early...I binded off. I just threaded the yarn through my stitches and tied it off and attached a huge ball to the top. It was still pretty cute though. See:



And.....when I was working on the hat last Friday during my lunch break, one of my co-workers (about 60 year old lady) came in and asked me what I was working on. I told her and she said "You know babies can't wear WOOL." WHAT THE!?! Heck no I didn't know that! I don't have/know any babies!! I know a ton about dog babies!! So why the heckoo didn't my doctor husband let me know that if you put wool stuff on babies that it will give them allergies while he watched me knitting and knitting away on a wool hat for a baby shower? You got me. AND the new mommy is a doctor too so she knew about that little factoid. But when I gave it to her, I explained my mistake and she said that they can wear it after they're about a year old....if they have hair. Well I didn't have hair until I was 3 so we'll see if he can wear it or not. It's pretty stretchy so I think he'll be able to. AND they're going to be living in Cincinnati and to Alabama people like us...that degree of coldness = DEATH!! Although great for us knitters. HA!

1 comment:

Holland said...

Sad! I only knew because I've always been allergic to it. I itch like crazy...