March 2, 2008

knit with it

As promised...I took some pics of what's on my needles now to share! So....I'm one of those who starts something and finishes it eventually, but then starts something else that catches my eye and then..I'm overloaded. Needless to say, I have way too many things on my needles now and I think my goal for the next week or so is going to be to FINISH something!! This first one is a great chunky scarf that I started doing a couple of weeks ago when it was really cold, (and now it's 70 degrees) that's what I get for living in Alabama. But I still love it!! The pattern is called "Wavy scarf" and said to knit in fisherman's yarn, and once I got a little through it...I saw why. It's hugely chunky (is hugely a word? when you're describing this scarf it is.)But I like the color, so I'm going to finish it one of these days. The yarn is Lions Brand Thick and Quick.


The next one is something that I actually have finished...it's a baby hat! Yay! I don't have any babies...except a dog baby, Jayber. But I did this for one of my girlfriends, who's baby shower is next weekend. This hat takes no time at all to make! It's the basket weave baby hat from bella bambina. I added a little ball to it. And it's so cute!!


I love love love this beret..and I can't wait to finish it...I just had to put it on hold while I finish the other baby stuff before the shower. (will post a picture of second baby hat once I get further along). This pattern is Le Slouche from Wendy at knit and tonic and it's great! The yarn I'm using is so soft and I love the red with the speckles in it. Hopefully it will look good on my head. I have pretty big hair...so maybe not. HA! I thought the "knit one purl one" combo would drive me crazy, switching back and forth...but it's not bad at all. I'll probably give it away though..I always end up giving away my finished projects.



And now....the socks. This is my first pair of socks and I think they (really..it) look great and will look great. But AHHH they are taking for-e-ver (say that like the kid with the glasses from the sandlot.) I will finish them and I will NOT give these away. I read somewhere that knitted socks are like a "hug for your feet" and I thought that sounded nice. I want my feet to be hugged. So I bought the "Getting Started Knitting Socks" book, the toothpick needles and the teeny yarn and away I went. I can't believe I have to do two of those buggers. Ah well..they're going to be on the back-burner now while I finish the fun baby stuff and pretty beret. Sorry feet.



Ugh...American Idol Rewind is on and it is sick. I can't stand that show. Gotta go find the remote. Peace.

No comments: