March 18, 2008

Cute Little Onesies

Sorry for the delay of posting...I work for an advertising agency and we are doing a training session this week for a new system we're about to start using. In the conference room all day, listening, taking notes, trying not to yawn...stinks! But I have to learn this system or I'll be in big trouble. Enough office talk! I refuse to let office talk be on my blog. On to the crafting...I finished the little boy John John outfit and the second A-line dress last night and OMG...they are the cutest things ever. Now I just need a little boy and girl to put in them. I wanted to do an easy one for my first ones by myself without the class so I did them both in a size 2. Not like I'll ever have a boy and a girl that are exactly the same size...which is a shame since the outfits match. But twins don't run in my family or in Tweedy's...but you never know! I'll probably end up giving these away to some die hard Bama momma's before then anyway. They were surprisingly easy! I think once you take a class to learn the lingo, you can pretty much figure them out on your own! It took just a tad longer than an hour like the lady said, but I had mine cut out ahead of time so if you include cutting time it was probably 3 hours total work. Which is not bad compared to knitting...but we all know it's not about that. For me it's a little about the finished product and A LOT about the road to get there and the fun figuring it out. Check them out!



I was so excited and showed Tweedy last night, he was excited a little and did a good job oohing and ahhing over them. But then he said "Isn't that crotch a little short or do you just want our child to wear daisy dukes?" What the!?! I don't think the crotch is short! Is it? I haven't been around a child that size in so long that I'm not sure. But I talked to a lady at our office and she said that they don't fill out the whole outfit and there's room in them...plus their teeny little legs are so small that it won't look like daisy dukes. I made him take them both to my parents house too when he went there so my mom could oooooo and ahhhh over them too. I showed some of my girlfriends and they were not too impressed. Most of my friends are NOT crafty and aren't even thinking about having babies yet so when I showed them my cute little onesies they were like...greeeeat. But I'm gonna keep on making them! I think my next project may be something homey though like curtains or pillows. I found this great book that I'm itching to start some projects out of. It's called "Last-Minute Patchwork and Quilted Gifts" and the words last minute + gifts + make them myself = something I'm all about. I'll let yall know if I come out with anything good.

No comments: