March 13, 2008

1 million t-shirts

I don't know about some of yall...but if you're like me, and you just got out of college not too long ago.....you probably have a t-shirt collection somewhere close to a million like mine. I mean the number that I've attained from all of our sorority's parties, events and just stuff that we had in 4 years is ridiculous. Do you really need to create a t-shirt for every single event that goes on with your sorority? The answer is yes. Especially since my best buddy designed most of them. And I'm pretty sure I have every single one....and 2 of some, from when I decided my date wasn't good/fun enough to get one. So now...2 years out of college and what the heckoo am I supposed to do with all of these t-shirts that are cramming my drawers??

MAKE PJ PANTS OUT OF THEM WITH YOUR NEW SEWING MACHINE!!

What a brilliant idea. My creative friend Knitterina showed me how to do this and they are the best things ever!! It's hard to explain how to do it..but it really is easy. Here's a link I found to some directions. The way she did them...they're shorts, but I like mine to come a little past the knee. And let me tell you what, these are the most comfy pants ever. Maybe it's because most of my shirts were so loved and washed a million times, but they are so soft!! I had to use a Large t-shirt to make mine, but you can do them bigger with an XL if you like. The tricky part is the crotch...not making it too short. But I like mine low and saggy anyway. I haven't really figured out how to make them to fit other people besides me...but I'm sure if you try to do them for yourself..you can do it!

These were my first and favorite pair. The shirt is from a party we had with another frat...I love how when you do the pattern it splits what's on the back of the shirt in half and puts it on the side of each leg...especially since this was a skull. I thought it looked cool. Knitterina likes to get the gray XL undershirts with the pocket on them from Target (4 pack of them for $5) and pins it where the pocket falls on your booty..and you have a little pocket! So great. I love pockets. Initials on them adds a nice touch too.





And....I finished Le Slouch beret! I had it too short the first time I finished it and had to redo a lot of it...which almost made me cry because I thought I was going to have to pull out the whole thing. I know that's silly because some people pull out entire sweaters without crying and hats don't really take THAT long...but I was still upset about it! I just pulled out a few rows and carefully carefully put each and every stitch back on without dropping any. Surprisingly! So in the pattern it says to do 6 inches and I did 10. I like em slouchy...or maybe I just have a big head. Jayber was none to excited about modeling it for me. It took about 10 tries just to get these two semi good shots. I keep seeing other knitting bloggers trying their FOs on their cats so I thought I'd try it on my little buddy. How do yall get them to just sit there like that. Maybe I need a cat too....





ps. sorry for the longest post ever

3 comments:

lg2006 said...

I LOVE the pants idea. Nubbs has exactly 1 million tshirts from his frat and all the marathons he likes to run or the aprox 1 million credit cards I think he applied for on teh concoourse for his free tshirt! Yikes!
I have a plan to make a quilt out of all of them only using the design part off the back.. now i Will make pants as well!

Holland said...

Knit you some, where are you?

lg2006 said...

UGH i cant figure out rthe crotch! Help me!