March 5, 2008

knitorious

My girlfriend who we'll name "Knitterina" reminded me today about the importance of taking your knitting bag everywhere with you. You never know when you'll have some time to fill with socks, hats and unfortunately...people asking you questions about what you're making and telling me that "their grandmother knits!" Knitterina told me a story today that cracked me up and proves our theory:

"It came to me while waiting in a tiny waiting room at my gynecologists office. There was an obnoxious couple with a 2 year old boy that wouldn't stop running, screaming, and annoying everyone in the waiting room. The couple thought he was just so cute. There was nothing to read, no magazines, no nothing. I had no choice but to sit there and watch this kid. So my lesson was: always ALWAYS take your knitting to the doctors office (and bring earplugs)."

Another knitting story for yall happened to me a couple of months ago. I was in the Atlanta airport waiting on my connection flight to take me back to Alabama. My flight was of course delayed...as they have all been recently. So I was sitting there by myself knitting a cabled scarf that I gave to my "Green Sweater Gal." I looked up and this older lady (definitely in her 80s) was walking around aimlessly looking for a place to sit...about 20 minutes later I look over and noticed she was sitting next to me just knitting away on a baby blanket. Ha! I'm in my early 20s so the people around us were getting a kick out of this older lady and young lady sitting next to each other having a little knitting party. This man took a picture of us when he thought we weren't looking. (That was actually a little weird.) But oh well. I thought it was funny. We chatted away about projects until it was time to get on the plane. Good times!

1 comment:

lg2006 said...

I love your blog and I especially love all the names and stuff you have for peeps. Very cute!