November 23, 2008

Pope Cap

I finished the most beautiful hat ever the other day. I was knitting it for my girlfriend who lives in New York for her birthday and was so excited about it. You know how when you're making something for somebody you think about them and if they'll like it or wear it pretty much the whole time you're making it? Well I just KNEW she would loooove this one. It's the Natty Cap from Knit and Tonic and comes with a great scarf pattern to match.

I finished it in one day while watching a football game. Tweedy and I were sitting on the couch and I close off the top, give it my best TAH DAHHHHHHHHH and put it on my head only to find out that it doesn't even go past my hairline. NOOOOOOOO! I'm so mad. Tweedy looks over and starts laughing histerically and said what a beautiful pope cap I had created.

I know it's my own fault though and here's the formula: not using the right yarn + not using the right needles + not making a gauge = pope cap

Anybody know any 6 year olds with a cold head??



I just woke up so I'm not showing my face :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Good going!!! Do you make scarves? I want a black one and can't find one anywhere.